Tuesday, May 4, 2010

How much sleep do YOU need?

Hey to the best women's networking group in Southwest Florida!

I've been reading about the health benefits of sleep. It seems lately that people feel that they can skimp on sleep. Everyone is so overworked and over-scheduled that they feel to keep up, sleep is the one thing they can go without. Beware of this kind of thinking. When your body is getting proper rest, that is when it is repairing the stresses and strains of the preceding day.

So many have sleep problems these days and they ignore it. This is not a good idea because lack of proper sleep can be damaging to the heart. Not to mention the grumpiness that comes along with lack of sleep!
Sleep requirements are a very individual thing, it is recommended that a person get anywhere from 7-9 hours of sleep a night. I know for myself, that I do much better with close to nine hours of sleep. It is something that I have always known. No late nights for me, I need my sleep!
It is recommended to turn off all electronic devices at least an hour before you go to sleep. Shut off the computer, television etc. This would be a great time to work on a journal and record your thoughts from the day, meditate or pray. Light reading is okay, just don't read a great suspenseful story just before bedtime or you will find yourself too charged up to go to sleep, not to mention sneaking a look under the bed for the bogeyman!

So, whether you are getting ready to be training women in business or are a work at home mom, remember to get your sleep!

0 comments: