Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Failure to Plan?

We've all heard this phrase: Failure to plan is planning to fail! I find this to be true in our every day lives. Life gets a little hectic and all my well thought out plans for eating right go by the wayside. Every single day, map out your meals - where you will be at what time - and know in advance what you will eat! I guarantee if you leave the house early in the morning with no plan in place, you will eat the wrong food at some time during your day.

Easier said than done, you might say. I'm always trying to think at least three days in advance, where am I going to be, and whom shall I be be eating with? That way I can come up with a plan on when and where and what I'm going to eat. Here are a few tips.

Don’t go longer than 31/2 hours without putting some fuel in your body. Make healthy, well thought out choices and you'll avoid the sugar highs and lows that cause you to eat without thinking. Ideally, you should eat 6 times a day: breakfast, mid-morning, lunch, mid-afternoon, dinner, and evening snack.

One healthy tip from me - I will make a usual breakfast, eat half of it, and eat the other half two hours later. Same thing with lunch, I cut my lunch in half and have the second part a couple of hours later. You know why? I'll be hungry in a couple of hours whether I've eaten the whole lunch or half, so I have the second half as my mid-afternoon snack.

Last but not least, if nothing else, have a meal replacement instead of traditional fast food. Read the labels and make sure you are getting a good amount of protein, possibly about 10 gms. Drink an eight oz glass of water with it and you should be good for the next three hours.

So whether you are a stay at home mom, working on your own business or training women in business this week, I hope you will take these few tips and make them yours!

0 comments: