Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Clean Up Your Weight-Loss Environment!

Hi to the best women's networking group in town!

How are you all doing? So far, I've been hitting the new gym fairly consistently and adding a few extra veggies in, so I'm feeling pretty positive.

I was thinking about how our environment can affect our weight-loss. I was reading in the book Dr.A's Habits of Health by Dr. Wayne S. Anderson, about how our environment can help or hurt our weight-loss efforts. In his book he outlines a few thing to consider and here they are.

Warning Signs at home:

Table decorations of candy or nuts

Candy dishes

Candy or sugary snacks in desk drawers, glove compartments, etc.

Do you have a 'hiding place' for goodies?

Cupboards full of cake mixes, sugary cereals or soft drinks.

Chips, soda and ice cream in the house at all times?

What to do to help?

Clear them out!

Buy snacks for your family that you don't care for.

Replace with versions that are acceptable. (diet soda for regular)

Replace candy jars with vases of flowers.

Ask your family to eat goodies away from home and not bring them home.

Those are just a few suggestions. One I always implemented was making sure that whatever snacks the kids had on hand was something I didn't like!

Does all this sound a little extreme? This is a battle people! We have to do whatever it takes to protect ourselves from these unhealthy choices!

The obesity epidemic in this country is totally out of control to the point that there are vacation packages geared towards overweight people. You can google 'fat people vacations' and see all the listings. I wouldn't have believed it until I saw a news story about it and googled it myself.

So, remember our goal for the coming week, one extra work-out and one extra serving of vegetables a day, (and no, french-fries don't count). I'll check in next week to see how we all did! I have to go and eat a half a cucumber as I haven't had my extra veggie yet today!

So whether you are a 'stay-at-home mom' or will be training women in business this week or just out business networking in Southwest Florida, I wish you good health!

Lynda Waldron, Health Coach
LDwaldron@yahoo.com
takecontrolnow.tsfl.com

0 comments: