by Felice Gerwitz
I have a love-hate relationship with To-Do lists. I like them because I can easily and quickly see what needs to be completed each day. I hate them because I am reminded of all the things I have not accomplished each day. So, in the spirit of liking and hating, I'm creating a To-Do list for your FaceBook page. See which of these things you have already done, and place the others on your list for sometime in the near future.
FaceBook for Women:
- Professional Picture: preferably with make-up, collared shirt and photo-shop touch up
- Lock Down: all settings are private to friends or friends of friends only with invitations enabled.
- Organize Friends: Make groups for business, friends, families
- Profile totally filled out: all information that you want the world to know or at least 400 of your closest friends (and their friends) completed
- Search: For target clients, co-workers, and possible new customers
- Check Friends Status: Try to post something personal on different clients walls to stay in touch
- Post Value Info: at least weekly, daily is best...be personal 20% of the time
- Connect FaceBook feed and Twitter: if your content is relevant and value driven this is important, make sure to still add new posts to Twitter
- Add your FaceBook URL to your email address
- Set your feeds: make sure your receive only the info into your email that is important
- Join Groups: related to business
- Check FaceBook daily, but not too often!
- Read FaceBook Rules: Beware, contests should be approved first via FaceBook
- Share: Useful articles, your blog, stats related to business or target market
- Engage follower: Ask Questions
- Post Pictures: Relevant to business
- Blast News: Events, Promotions, Free Product
- Join or accept "gifts" sparingly: These pull info from your FaceBook page, they are third party applications and not all are friendly. A warning box pops-up to advise you of the "threat"
- Look at Apps: Facebook is constantly adding more applications for business, great blog with more info: http://mashable.com/2009/01/22/business-facebook-apps/
- Add video: at least one time a month, fun to do and keeps the contacts guessing
That's it for today. If you can check all these off your list, great! Let me know what's on your FaceBook To-Do list, and I'll quickly add it to mine!